Jun. 15th, 2017

circular_time: (Default)
Wouldn't you know it. I finished writing High Hierophant three days ago, but I knew better than to post it then: I always find myself fiddling and tweaking.

This time post-processing included writing a 1600 word additional scene (only to conclude that no, really, honest, that scene didn't belong; I had decided it was unnecessary while planning the epilogue and was perfectly correct to leave it out). Also about 500 more words of adding/subtracting/editing/tweaking/flossing the cat.

I'm glad I did it. A story needs a satisfying emotional payoff and resolution that ties together all the threads, themes, and most of all, reader expectations. I asked myself what a reader would want to come away with at the end, I inspected what I had to see where it failed to meet that goal as well as it could, and -- I hope -- did a better job of delivering it.

In other news, this is very silly cover art.


July 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16 171819202122
23242526272829
3031